SHORT BEACH, A WELCOMING COMMUNITY
Claus Johnson came to Short Beach in 1876 and being a master carpenter and boat builder, the Johnson family were pioneers in the motor boat industry. The original Short Beach was renamed Johnsons Beach for the family. 204 Clark Avenue, on the market for sale, was the second house built on Johnsons Beach.
Idlewild, a plaque displayed on the house of Johnsons with the date 1889, is a yellow colonial featuring a living room, dining room, kitchen with mostly new appliances, quartz countertops and built-ins... More